Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Notice To Lupe Fiasco...more rap....less interviews.

wait for it...around the 2:12 mark



Now let me preface this by saying I respect and admire Lupe Fiasco as an artist. Exceptional wordplay and thought provoking topics punctuate a very slick delivery. I dig this guy's music and appreciate the awareness he tries to bring forth to the average hip hop listener.

For the love of God tho...please stick to rap. He does himself and the public a disservice when he talks about shit he knows nothing about.  About a month ago Lupe dropped a new politically charged single "Words I Never Said" and then was asked about it in the above clip recently when interviewed by CBS' "What's Trending"

Well, someone's just made the CIA watch list.
 "In my fight against terrorism, to me, the biggest terrorist is Obama in the United States of America. For me, I’m trying to fight the terrorism that’s actually causing the other forms of terrorism. The root cause of the terrorism is the stuff that you as a government allow to happen and the foreign policies that we have in place in different countries that inspire people to become terrorists. And it’s easy for us because it’s really just some oil, which we can really get on our own."

Yeah, our governments foreign policy helped give birth to the rise of Bin Laden but that doesn't give the dude the right to fly planes into buildings, the same way it doesn't give us the right to "bomb some village in the middle of nowhere." Violence of any kind should be a last resort but understand that in any war there are going to be innocent casualties but a terrorist act? A terrorist is likely to target innocents as opposed to targeting an enemy which has happened to surround himself around innocents(which usually is no mistake btw). Dead is dead and violence is violence but there is a huge difference between mindless slaughter, collateral damage, and grave accidents caused by poor decisions.

And I'm sorry...your "fight against terrorism"? Soooo...You're John McClane now, Yippe Ki Yay! Seriously Lupe? The root cause of terrorism is greed and vengeance, those things are part of human nature and can not be eradicated. It's the same situation as crime and drugs. At it's core the problem lies in our own nature...it lies in sin itself and no man or woman is without sin so to speak. So any tree hugging tie dye hippies thinking that either a terrorist act or a rally will solve the worlds major problems you're mistaken because the problem is us. 

I'm not saying victims of US aggression should sit back and take it but when you decide you want to pick up arms and go to war with anyone the cycle perpetuates itself and this is the point or sound bite that should have been given to CBS.

Although I gotta question how much Lupe even cares about the message he's putting forth right now since as he's busy promoting an album...Lasers in stores now!!! Just saying it's mighty convenient that a year ago no album was out to push or promote and Mr. Fiasco totally agreed with the biggest terrorist in America when it came to his NYC Muslim Mosque stance. I don't think Lupe is intentionally stirring shit up for sales, maybe he is IDK, but I would have to think his record situation and the promotion have to be coloring this somehow or else I can't see how a reasonable and seemingly intelligent dude can make such a flagrant and irresponsible statement when it's very clear that is supposed to be my job.

To parties interested on Lupe's take, these are sites he endorses, sites which I suppose gave him the info on which he now bases his opinions: www.democracynow.org and www.cryptogon.com, I find the best way to look at a puzzle is from varying perspectives, so I'll check it out myself most def.

And  here is the single that started things "Words I Never Said" LASERS IN STORES NOW!!!
Hope he gets paid for this. If not, Lupe it's all youtube's fault!